Classic Israeli Flavor Mixed with an American Classic – Gluten-Free Tahini Banana Bread
If you’re in the mood for baking then look no further than this delicious Gluten-Free Tahini Banana Bread Recipe.
As far as desserts go, we tend to try and stay on the healthy side of things. With that in mind, grab some brown bananas and get to mashing. This Gluten-Free Tahini Banana Bread uses a minimum amount of sugar and brown sugar and can be made dairy-free with a butter alternative and loaded with healthy super food walnuts. Flax seeds are also optional to increase the fiber content of the banana bread. Sesame seed-based Tahini adds just the right amount of sweetness. You can buy it ready-made from the store or click our Easy Five-Ingredient Tahini Recipe here.
Gluten-Free Tahini Banana Bread
Serves: 4-6 (1 loaf; double for 2)
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cooks in: 60 minutes
Ready in: 1 hour 15 minutes
- 2 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1 1/3 cups gluten-free flour
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- 5 tablespoons butter (unsalted)
- 2 large eggs lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon flax seeds (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Chop walnuts, lightly beat eggs and pre-heat oven to 350° F. Prepare a loaf pan with a small amount of oil or non-stick spray. Baking paper can be used as well
- Using a whisk, mix the dry ingredients except the nuts
- In a large bowl, beat the butter, sugars until fluffy and light. Mix in Tahini and continue to mix on high. Beat in all the dry ingredients until a thick consistency is made
- At this point, beat in each eggs individually, vanilla and bananas as well. Lastly add the nuts and stir well
- Pour the entire mix in the prepared loaf pan and bake for roughly 60 minutes while keeping an eye on the bread. It is finished when you can insert a toothpick and it comes out dry
*If the Gluten-Free Tahini Banana Bread is browning too quickly on the surface, wrap the top of the pan with foil. Let cool before taking out of the pan to maintain its shape.
We hope the Gluten-Free Tahini Banana Bread turned out well! Share your photos with us on our Facebook Page: Israeli Recipe.
Check out our Instagram feed for more tasty recipes and meal ideas: IsraeliRecipe
Or Follow us on Twitter to hear some food-related chatter: IsraeliRecipe
If you’re in the mood for a tasty dessert, try this Vegan Jewish Honey Cake Recipe which is soy-free, nut-free and simple to make.
Vegan and Gluten-Free? These Chocolate Chip Tahini Cookies are so good your guests will never know From the realm of Israeli tahini-related desserts comes these tasty vegan and gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Tahini Cookies. I think we might have a little Tahini obsession. From delicious Gluten-Free Tahini Banana Bread to our easy-to-make homemade tahini […]
If you’re like me and drink far too much Turkish Coffee, then you’ll absolutely love these Turkish Coffee Brownies.