Vegan and Gluten-Free? These Chocolate Chip Tahini Cookies are so good your guests will never know
From the realm of Israeli tahini-related desserts comes these tasty vegan and gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Tahini Cookies.
I think we might have a little Tahini obsession. From delicious Gluten-Free Tahini Banana Bread to our easy-to-make homemade tahini recipe to these cookies, we dig the sesame seed-based sauce any way we can get it. These sweet cookies require no dairy or gluten but are carried so well by other flavors that we don’t even notice it. This recipe calls for a flax egg (1 tablespoon of ground flax seed mixed with 3 tablespoons of warm water and thickened in the fridge for 15 minutes) plus almond flour and a bit of maple syrup. They are kid-friendly and not too terribly complex.
Speaking of Tahini, you can buy it ready-made from the store or click our Easy Five-Ingredient Tahini Recipe here.
Chocolate Chip Tahini Cookies Recipe
Prep Time: 15 minutes work, 1 hour to sit
Cooks in: 10-12 minutes
Ready in: 1 hour 30 minutes
- 1 flax egg (directions below)
- 1/2 cup tahini (store bought or homemade)
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips (dairy-free for vegan)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Prepare a flax egg by mixing one tablespoon of ground flax seed meal with three tablespoons of water. Let the mix sit in your fridge for 15 minutes to thicken
- Whisk tahini, maple syrup and flax egg together in a large bowl. When thoroughly mixed, mix in the almond flour, coconut sugar, baking powder and baking soda, cocoa powder, vanilla extract and salt
- Lastly, mix in the dairy-free chocolate chips and cover the bowl with plastic wrap so it’s sealed tight. Place the bowl in the refrigerator for 1 hour
- Preheat the oven to 350º F and line a cookie sheet with baking paper. Take out the cookie mix from the fridge, roll “dough” into small pressed flat patties of equal size and place separately on the cookie sheet
- When oven is heated, bake for 10-12 minutes until cookies are done lightly browned and done. Let sit for a few minutes before transferring so they don’t break apart
Serve warm alone or with a scoop of vegan vanilla ice cream (our favorite).
We hope the Gluten-Free Vegan Chocolate Chip Tahini Cookies turned out well! Share your photos with us on our Facebook Page: Israeli Recipe.
Check out our Instagram feed for more tasty recipes and meal ideas: IsraeliRecipe
Or Follow us on Twitter to hear some food-related chatter: IsraeliRecipe
Vegan and Gluten-Free? These Chocolate Chip Tahini Cookies are so good your guests will never know From the realm of Israeli tahini-related desserts comes these tasty vegan and gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Tahini Cookies. I think we might have a little Tahini obsession. From delicious Gluten-Free Tahini Banana Bread to our easy-to-make homemade tahini […]
If you’re like me and drink far too much Turkish Coffee, then you’ll absolutely love these Turkish Coffee Brownies.
If you’re in the mood for a tasty dessert, try this Vegan Jewish Honey Cake Recipe which is soy-free, nut-free and simple to make.
If you’re in the mood for some delicious Israeli-inspired dessert, look no further than this Gluten-Free Tahini Banana Bread Recipe.